Terms & conditions
- You, the Client - the person making the booking - must be at least 18 years old and will be responsible for
- the property and contents
- ensuring that members of the party observe all aspects of the booking conditions below
- leaving the property in a clean and tidy condition and returning the key to the person or place where it was obtained.
- Only you can discuss your booking (including any changes) with us – unless you give express consent in writing for us to contact someone else.
- The booking must be for a holiday only: the property must not be used for gatherings, parties, events or business purposes.
- In the case of bookings for more than one week a change of bed linen and towels will be provided
- We may agree to make a provisional booking for you. We would hold the dates for 7 days after which the dates will be released if payment not received.
- If your booking is made:
- more than 8 weeks in advance, a deposit of 33% of the total cost is required to secure the reservation
- we must then receive the balance by the date set out in your booking confirmation (8 weeks before the holiday is due to begin)
- less than 8 weeks from the start date of your holiday, you must pay the total amount.
- If the final amount is not paid by the due date we shall try to contact you by telephone and/or send an email reminder. If you fail to make payment or contact within 7 days of the final reminder we will assume you are in effect cancelling your booking and the cancellation charges below will apply.
Cancelling your holiday
Cancellation insurance – we strongly recommend you take this out before your holiday.
- If you wish to cancel a confirmed booking you must notify us by email or by post. Cancellation will take effect from the day we receive your notification.
- If you notify us more than 180 days before the start date of your booking we will return the amount received less £30 administration fee.
- If you notify us 180 days or less before the start date we will try to re-let the property.
If we are successful in reletting all or part of the period booked, you will be reimbursed fully less £50 administration fee and any difference of the rental received. In order to re-let the property we reserve the right to discount the period booked, or re-let part of it, at our discretion.
- If we cannot re-let the property then the charges below will apply from the cancellation date:
- 180 to 57 days before start date: 33% of the total rental
- 56 to 29 days before start date: 50% of the total rental
- 28 to 9 days before start date: 75% of the total rental
- 8 days or less to start date or early departure: 100% of total rental
[The ‘start date’ means the start of the original booking in cases where a booking has been transferred to a new date or property.]
Changing the date of your holiday
- You can transfer your booking to a different date no less than 90 days before the holiday start date.
- If you change your booking a £30 administration fee will be charged to cover the costs we incur, plus any additional rent, at the rate set on the website.
- If you have paid in full and accommodation costs are lower as a result of the change we’ll refund you the difference, after deducting the administration fee.
You and your party's obligations
- The property will not be available before 4pm on the first day of your holiday and you must leave before 10am on your last day. You will be held liable for any costs incurred through any delayed departure.
- Only the persons named on the Booking Form will be allowed to occupy the property. The number of people occupying the property (excluding babies in cots) must not exceed the number shown on the website
- Daytime visitors may be permitted by prior agreement with The Owner.
- The Owner reserves the right to require you to leave the premises (without any compensation or refund) if you exceed the maximum occupancy limits
- Smoking and vaping are not permitted inside the property.
- You must not:
- use candles, fireworks or Chinese lanterns (or other lights or illuminations which have naked flames) at the property.
- cut any trees for firewood, nor light any fires in the ground. You must only use the barbecue provided and not on the roof terrace
- charge any electric vehicle through the standard 13A sockets in the property
- You must:
- pay for any losses or damages to the property and contents caused by you or a member of your party (reasonable wear and tear excluded) through any deliberate or negligent act or omission by you or your party and, without limitation of the foregoing to pay The Owner forthwith upon written demand their costs in making good any such loss and damage and cleaning.
- take good care of the property and leave it in a clean and tidy condition at departure. We reserve the right to make a charge for extra cleaning if the property is not left in a satisfactory condition
- permit the owners and their agents reasonable access to the property
Coronavirus - testing positive
- If you or any of your party develop symptoms associated with Coronavirus (COVID-19) during your stay you must inform The Owner, stay indoors, self-isolate and arrange for a test using the property address.
- If the test is positive you must:
- notify The Owner or their representative and return home quickly and directly if you reasonably can.
- If you are unwell and cannot return home you will be expected to pay all reasonable costs for your extended stay
- If you or your party develop symptoms within 14 days of your stay and a test confirms infection you must let us know immediately
Problems during your stay
- If you have cause for complaint you must contact The Owner within 36 hours so that all reasonable efforts can be made to rectify the situation.
- Any complaint raised during the holiday must be confirmed in writing to us within 7 days of the last day of the holiday. We’ll work with you to ensure that any complaints are investigated and resolved as promptly and efficiently as possible.
- Compensation cannot be agreed for any complaints made after the holiday has ended.
Limitations of liability
- All guests (The Clients) accept that the property and any amenities provided are used at their own risk and no responsibility can be accepted for any injuries or inconvenience to persons or loss or damage to any belongings of persons who use them except where caused by the negligence of The Owner.
- The Owner will not be liable for any act, neglect or default on the part of you and your party (the Clients) nor for any accident, damage, loss, injury, expense or inconvenience whether to person or property which you or any member of your party may suffer arising out of or in connection with the holiday or resulting from any other cause whatsoever, including any activities as may be publicised on this website or elsewhere, save insofar as death or personal injury to yourself or any member of your party resulting from The Owner's negligence.
- If the property should not be available due to fire, storm or flood or other reason out of control of The Owner or for any reason The Owner is unable to comply with this agreement, the full amount of monies already paid by the Client will be repaid by The Owner to The Client.
- These terms and conditions are governed by English law and jurisdiction.